PEF products: Guide to Marketing Communication
What information should you use when your food product is treated with pulsed electric fields (PEF)?
When consumers consider whether to buy foods that are treated with new and sometimes unknown processing technologies, there are some arguments that make them more willing to buy the product than others.
Through scientific consumer studies, scientists have documented the type of information or arguments that make Norwegian consumers more positive about buying products that are treated using PEF.
Advice on communication with customers
If you have a product that is treated using PEF, you should emphasise the following advantages regarding the product.
- Further processed using new technology that makes daily life more convenient.
- Further processed using less energy.
- Reduced food waste during processing.
- Preserves nutrients and quality.
- Quick and easy
- Retains quality longer
- More nutritious
Avoid referring to
- Pulsed electric fields (PEF)
- Environmental sustainability
|Consumer reactions to communication about innovative processing technologies in iNOBox||Altintzoglou, Themistoklis; Heide, Morten||2020||Go to publication|