Ultraviolet light: Guide to Marketing Communication
What information should you use when your product is treated with ultraviolet light?
When consumers consider whether to buy foods that are treated with new and sometimes unknown processing technologies, there are some arguments that make them more willing to buy the product than others.
Through scientific consumer studies, scientists have documented the type of information or arguments that make Norwegian consumers more positive about buying products that are treated using ultraviolet light.
Advice on communication with customers
If you have a product that is treated with microwaves, you should emphasise the following advantages regarding the product:
- Further processed using microwaves that make daily life more convenient.
- Reduced food waste during processing.
- Preserves nutrients and quality.
- Quick and easy
- Retains quality longer
- More nutritious
- More Vitamin D (when relevant)
Avoid referring to
- UV-C/Ultraviolet light
- Environmental sustainability